Single click Home Button
- If your iPad is sleeping and you click the Home Button it will wake up and ask you to slide to unlock.
- If you’re in an app like Safari, Mail, Angry Birds, etc. and you click the Home Button you’ll return to the Home Screen with all your app icons.
- If you’re on your second or third Home Screen and click the Home Button you’ll return to your main (first) Home Screen.
- If you’re on your main (first) Home Screen and click the Home Button you’ll go to Spotlight Search.
- If you’re on Spotlight Search and click the Home Button you’ll go back to your main (first) Home Screen.
Double click Home Button
- If you’re iPad is sleeping but still playing music or media (iPod app, iTunes app, etc.) and you double click the Home Button the iPod controls will pop up on the lock screen so you can play, pause, skip, etc.
- If you’re on the Home Screen or using an app and you double click the Home Button the multitasking Fast App Switcher Dock will be revealed so you can quickly switch between apps or swipe over to the audio, brightness, orientation lock, and other widget controls.
Bonus tip: iOS 4.2 changes the hardware orientation lock switch to a mute switch so you need to use the widget above to do orientation lock now. If you want this back – there is a Cydia app that does this.
Triple click Home Button
- If you have enable accessibility options in Settings and your triple click the Home Button you’ll either reverse the screen colors, go into zoom mode, or get a popup asking which of those options (or VoiceOver) you wish to turn on. (You decide what happens in settings).