It took a while but Skype for iPhone has finally hit version 3.0 and now includes video calling, not only over Wi-Fi like Apple’s FaceTime but over 3G as well! Here’s the complete update list:
- Make Skype to Skype video calls on WiFi and 3G (Additional Data charges may apply)
- Call Skype desktop users (Mac OS X or Windows) and other iPhone users.
- Two-way video calls supported on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch 4th gen.
- Receive only video supported on iPad and iPod touch 3rd gen, with no camera.
- Make video calls in portrait and landscape.
- Skype video calling requires iOS 4.0 or above.
We’re testing it out now and will update asap with results. How’s it working for you?
Thanks to Tipb – by Rene Ritchie, Thursday, Dec 30, 2010